King Square Bandstand
The monument, with its distinctive copper roof and filigree metal framework, was constructed in 1908 and gifted to the city of Saint John by the Cornet Band—a gift signified by the cornet at the tip of the structure.
The upgrades included installing new wood supports and flooring on the second level, restoring the copper roof, sandblasting of the structure, painting in the original colors, upgrading the lighting to LED and refurbishing the water fountain support and fountain head. The original cornet has been replaced, but can still be found on display at the New Brunswick Museum.
AGCM was selected by John K. F. Irving and Dr. Richard Currie to manage the construction and refurbishment of the King Edward VII Memorial Bandstand known as ‘King Square Bandstand’.